Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Grips

I've been thinking about getting some new grips for my 638. I'm really liking the Altamont Rosewood boot grips. The factory rubber ones work great, but they aren't very attractive. I know that shouldn't count on a carry piece, but I love the look of wood on a revolver. I like these, because they are an attractive color, they have Fleur-de-lis designs in the checkering, which I like, and they are the same size as the factory grips, which keeps it to an easily concealable size.

Any thoughts on grip materials, brands, types, etc.?

3 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Yeah. Although I've always had rubber grips on my pocket pistols, I think you'll find that wood is easier to draw. Rubber tends to hang-up on the inside of your pocket (it won't slide like wood).

Those grips with the fleur-de-lis are cool. They look very good on that pistol.

Pawpaw said...

You might want to check out http://www.gungrips.net

Or http://www.eaglegrips.com

Or http://www.gungrip.com/

Geodkyt said...

What PawPaw said.

Checkered wood boot grips are hard to beat on a carry gun, especially for those of us who live in the Sweat Belt. I've had rubber gripped guns just want to squirm about in my hands, while checkered wood grips tend to sit pretty still, even with sweaty AND oily hands.