I've been carrying all day today, and I've noticed a few things that I'd like to share.
For some reason I had the expectation that I was going to be noticed as having an eeevill handgun on my person. No one noticed. No one questioned. I even got stopped by an Australian tourist and asked for directions.
When I was just going about my day paying bills, running errands, etc, I didn't even notice that I had it in my pocket. It was when I was thinking about it that it felt heavy. That being said, lighter is better. I had to pull up my pants a few times today. I solved that by taking up another notch on my belt, though. Note to self: when carrying, wear belt TIGHT. otherwise, your pants ride down and your underwear stays in place, until you pull up your pants, that is... then you give yourself a wedgie.
It always bothered me that Gander Mountain asks that all firearms be unloaded in their store, but I didn't sweat it before, as I wasn't carrying. I went to Gander Mountain today, and I knew what the big sign in the store said, so I left my gun in the car. As I was leaving I noticed the sign read something to the effect of : All guns must be unloaded and checked at the counter (then in smaller print beneath) except those carrying a concealed weapon in accordance with law and state regulation.
Score one for Gander. I like that they don't wanna take my rights away.
Aside from these observations, I have come to realise that carrying isn't a huge life changer for me; it's just an opportunity for me to further exercise my rights. Nothing to get excited over.
Huh. How'da thunk it?
23 minutes ago

2 comments:
Amazing, ain't it. If you do it properly, no one knows it but you.
Turing word: ringer. Ha!
It takes some time to get over that "somebody sees me carrying" feeling, but you'll get over it in time and realize that most people are so self-absorbed that you could carry a high powered rifle slung over your back and they wouldn't notice. Good post...
Post a Comment