Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Busy Day

Well, I'm properly sucked into book 13 of the Wheel Of Time series, which just made a busy day harder, because all I wanted to do was read. Around 10am, I pulled myself out of my book, and I took some library books back.

Since the park is next door to the library, I took the kiddo. we rode the carousel, and he swung and slid for another 45 minutes. We then got lunch at Zaxby's, a regional chicken joint.

On the way home, I stopped by Auto Zone and picked up oil and filters for our vehicles, then the boy played in the yard for a half hour.

We then went to the doctor so Boy-o could get a checkup and so we could get his medical history and vaccine record for the move to Louisiana. On the way home, we stopped by a liquor store to pick up boxes for the move, then swung by the grocery store for chicken stock and beer.

I have a gumbo simmering on the stove for dinner, and I plan on watching some Ghost Hunters in another couple of hours. The wife is gonna cut my and the kiddo's hair when she gets home.

It's been a busy day!

Tomorrow, all I gotta do is change oil in 2 vehicles and get laundry done!

2 comments:

bluesun said...

Boxes of liquor sounds good for moving!

Though I assume you were actually just getting empty boxes to put your stuff in...

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Heh! Actually, I've found that liquor boxes work great. they're heavily constructed, they hold a good bit without being so big that they're hard to lift once filled, and liquor stores get rid of loads of 'em every day.