Well, it's been a long time coming, but my little family is headed back to Louisiana. We've been considering moving back for over a year, but certain changes in my wife's working environment coupled with unexpected child care issues have forced our hand. It's a good thing. Not to sound too hippie-ish, but it's almost like the universe is pushing us back to where we want to be.
A simpler, happier existence. Less stuff. More family.
My brother and his wife both had houses when they married, so they have an extra house that they are going to rent to us, and I spoke today with the manager of the state historic site that I want to work for. He's personally mailing me an application, and says everyone at the site speaks highly of me.
With a house and a job shaping up, all we're waiting for is to finish out November with our employers. We decided to give a month's notice, to help out our bosses, who are good people. I won't make it back in time for Thanksgiving, but I'll be home for Christmas.
I'm keeping the blog, but I won't be changing it's name. I think that I'll always be The Displaced Louisiana Guy. Maybe being displaced isn't just about location.
I'm happy to be going home, folks, and I'll keep ya'll updated!
25 minutes ago

No comments:
Post a Comment