I finished up my Pops' Fast-Draw rig. Learned a few things, too.
I cut the pattern too big. I have re-calibrated my pattern.
I need to stain the whole damn thing before assembling. It will probably go easier, and have a more uniform color.
But, it's a true Fast-Draw rig. If you turn it upside down, and the tie-down isn't over the hammer, the gun will fall right out.
It's wet-formed well enough to maintain rigidity. If you get the muzzle in the holster and let go, the gun will re-holster. A one-handed re-holster is a help in the Fast-Draw game. I even flared the mouth to assist in the re-holster.
I was even able to make a nice bullet-deflector.
I don't know if it's going to suit the old man's needs, but from all I can tell, it should be up to the tasks demanded of a Fast-Draw holster.
Here's hoping.



2 comments:
That looks magnificent. Really nice for a first try. Much nicer than the example I gave you.
Can't wait to try it out on the line.
Glad you like it pop!
Post a Comment