Friday, August 14, 2015

Teal

Well, I finished up the second holster my dad asked me to make. Well, actually, my step-mom asked for this one. She wanted a nice black holster, with pretty stitching. I think this one turned out better than the last. I was able to cut the pattern tighter, so it fits the gun better. It is still a bucket-type holster, and doesn't hold the gun, but there isn't a lot of slop, either. I was able to wet-form it as well, and I flared the holster mouth, for reholstering.

The one I made my dad was good, but this one is better. It's the proverbial difference between a 9 ring shot and a bullseye shot. Generally, I'm happy with consistently shooting in the 9 ring, but being able to hit the bullseye is even better.

4 comments:

Pawpaw said...

That looks great. Your evil step-mother will be pleased. Very pleased.

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

She's pretty cool for an "evil stepmother"! Kiss her cheek for me!

Old NFO said...

That is nice work! And nice detail on the stitching too!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Thanks, NFO!