Well, I said I'd post pictures of the finished product. It is a black leather bag, constructed by hand. I measured and punched every hole, and there is somewhere in the vicinity of 600 stitches (1200 holes punched) in this bag. Most are on the inside. I sewed the bag inside out, then soaked the leather in water and flipped it right side out (not as easy as it sounds). Some of the leather was factory died scrap, and some I hand died to match with ferrous oxide die I made myself. The stitching is about 6 stitches per inch, and as uniform as i could get, being hand stitched. I have about 8 hours tied up in it.
This is the first piece of leatherwork I am going to attempt to sell. Up to now, I have made stuff for myself, friends, and family, but I hope to sell this at the next encampment I attend.
What do you think would be a fair price? I was thinking $110, but I don't. Want to price myself out of the market.



2 comments:
I don’t know about a price but you do some fine work. You definitely have a talent for it!
That is a good looking possibles bag. Nicely done, son.
Post a Comment