I just had a delightful experience ordering clothing. I have been getting together money to buy some 18th century clothing for my reenacting hobby, and I placed an order today with Fort Downing Trading Company.
Frances Sanders spoke with me, and was wonderful. I explained to her what I wanted, and gave her my measurements. She asked what types of buttons and colors I wanted, and asked if sleeves on shirts off the rack were usually long enough. I told her that they usually were not, and she said she'd add a bit of fabric to make sure they were long enough. She asked questions about what time (1740-1750) and type (French Marine) of reenacting I do, and she knew the type of collar and cuffs to put on the shirt. She was a very sweet lady, and very thorough.
She enquired how I heard about her, being that I live in Louisiana, and she's based in Florida, and I told her that I had seen her garments while working at the Colonial Spanish Quarter in St. Augustine, FL.
She does great work, and I can't wait to get my clothing! She said she will probably be shipping my order within 2 weeks, and will give me an email confirmation when it ships. Further, it cost about $30 less than I expected, and about $100 dollars less than the same order would have cost through Jas. Townsend.
If you are a reenactor, and are looking for quality clothing at an affordable price, check them out!

No comments:
Post a Comment