The 30-30 I have been shooting lately just hasn't been preforming as well as I would like. I just figured that I needed more tome behind the iron sights, but yesterday, my dad brought another lever gun by the house. He said that the crown on the 30-30 may not be in the best of shape, so he suggested i try another gun.
Enter the Marlin 1894c. It's chambered in .357 magnum/.38 special, so it makes a truly great BUG out gun, as my woods revolver is also chambered in .357 Mag. It still has plenty of power to take deer at 100 yards and closer, and it's LIGHT!
Does it shoot?
The first picture is a 10 shot group from 50 yards. The group measures 3 and 3/8, and is about 3 inches above point of aim. At 100 yards, it would be almost dead on.
The second pic is 7 shots, standing, as fast as I could work the lever, at about 20 yards.
Not bad for a BUG out gun!




1 comment:
Not bad at all. I ran that load through my ballistic calculator and you should be dead on at about 125 yards, which is about the limit of that cartridge. At 100 yards that bullet is still carrying over 750 ft/lbs, which is sufficient for whitetail deer. That load has a very good bullet and if you can put it in the heart/lung, you won't have far to follow.
Post a Comment