One of my favorite things to do on my days off is to cruise down to several local gun stores and browse. I don't really have the money to be buying anything most of the time, but finding a good deal is almost as fun for me, and if it's a REALLY good deal, I can always come back, so long as no one else has picked it up.
On these excursions, I bring my son, and he really enjoys the only box store I stop at on these trips: Gander Mountain. He likes to lightly touch the long guns (daddy always grabs the forend to make sure he doesn't pull them over, and I like that he's showing an interest, however timidly) and he enjoys climbing into the dog transport crates, which I am forever telling him to get out of.
But today, I found an awesome deal: Fiocchi 16 gauge ammo for only 9.95 a box! It's target loads, to be sure, being 2 3/4 in. shells, and they're only available in 7 1/2 or 8 shot, but still, that's a decent price!
I'm gonna go back on Friday and buy 4 or so boxes, as I have a skeet shoot coming up. Anybody have strong feelings about 7 1/2 vs. 8 shot?
22 minutes ago

1 comment:
If you have the choice, for skeet buy 8 shot.
Post a Comment