Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ammo

For the past year and a half, I've had well over 100 rounds per gun I own, with about three to four hundred rounds of .22 long rifle. It's plenty to have on hand, and when my dad sent me another 300 rounds of .38 special, I felt as if I was ammo-rich. I recently decided to get my concealed carry permit, and promised myself that I'd practice regularly so that I'd be competent with my self defense tool. I got a range membership and I've been shooting. A month ago, I had about 450 rounds of .38, and 200 rounds of .357. Now, I'm down to 105 rounds of .357, and a scant 73 rounds of .38. That isn't much. Hell, I've been through about 400 rounds of ammo in the last month, and I've only been to the range twice. (my S&W 638 is surprisingly comfortable to shoot, so wrist fatigue doesn't really set in until 150-175 rounds.)

Well, my dad said he'd reload ammo for me, so next week I'll be putting 400 rounds of brass in the mail to him, but methinks I'll wear out that hospitality pretty quickly, considering how much I'm shooting now. Looks like I'll have to start buying ammo again soon. *sigh*.

Don't it suck to have to pay to support your hobby? So goes life.

1 comment:

Pawpaw said...

When you mail that brass, be sure to include any .308 brass you might have laying around.