Sunday, January 3, 2016

Done

And, yeah, pop, the Miculek pen trick made it easy! (If you're lost, read comments in my " Rabbit Hole" post, a few back.

The pics don't accurately reflect what the finish is like. It came out about like a polished stainless finish. Not a true mirror polish, but close.

I've bubba'd up stuff in the past, but not this one. Looking at it in a display case, I would have a hard time telling it wasn't a factory finish. I mean, disassemble the gun, and it becomes more apparent, but from casual handling, you wouldn't know it.

I'm pleased!

6 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Also, pop, don't worry! I'll happily take it back apart later to install that spring kit you got me! Thanks!

Also, a special thanks to my oldest brother, the metal-worker. I called him this evening, and he gave me so invaluable advice.

Pawpaw said...

Good job! That kit comes with three rebound springs and a reduced power mainspring for the J-frame. I know that you've got more than one J-frame so spread the joy around.

Old NFO said...

That one looks great! But now you've got to keep it wiped down... Or wax it. :-)

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Thanks, NFO! I am letting it be for now. If the finish starts to wear, I will repo list it then wax it.

Wilson said...

Great job!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Wilson- thanks much! I feel like I need to make this gun a nice holster, now. As nice as it looks, I don't feel like it always needs to be stuffed in a pocket, anymore!