Or contact me by my personal email or cell #, if you know them!
I recently received an order for multiple leather items, and I decided I will document the creation process from start to finish, so everyone can understand the process.
Without further ado:
First, we start with receiving the order, and communicating with the customer to determine exact needs, items wanted, colors, etc. We then work up a quote, and inform the customer of payment methods, shipping, etc. To date, we have 19 emails sent to and fro.
Then, we get out tools.
And pull out leathers. Different thicknesses are used in different applications.
Next, we begin laying out patterns and tracing them into the leather, and cutting them out.
We bevel all the edges, which will give the end product a cleaner look.
Then we lay out edge lines. This also contributes to a clean finished look.
This order includes 2 holsters, a gun belt with cartridge loops, a sling for a Marlin 1894, a stock wrap with billet loops for same, and a stock wrap with bullet loops for a Marlin 336. Not including email exchanges, I currently have 4.5 hours in this project. I likely won't have time to pick the project back up until Saturday, but I will continue to document the project as it moves forward.
Keep watching for updates!










No comments:
Post a Comment