24 minutes ago
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Leather Order, From Start To Finish, Part 6
***REMINDER: If you are interested in a custom leather project, feel free to contact me at lazyjdleatherworks (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will get back with you promptly to discuss your needs.
Okay, this is where it gets fun!
First, I sewed up a holster. Once it was partway stitched, I checked for fit. I would have hated to finish the project only to realise I made the holster too small.
Next, I finished stitching the left hand holster, and burnished the edge, mating the two edges of leather into one.
Then I wet the holster down, and shove the Security Six into it. At that point, you use your fingers to push and pinch and shove and tug the leather around the firearm, so that it fits perfectly to the outside of the gun.
Then, heck, you set it down and walk away! In 24 hours, it will be dry, and I can Edge Kote the last edge, and seal the whole thing. Then I have to add latigo tie-downs and hammer thongs (some like 'em, some don't. I add 'm to my 'ranch' style rigs, but attach them in such a way that if the end user doesn't want them, they can be removed, and the lack doesn't detract from the look of the rig), and it will pretty much be ready to ship!
I repeat the whole process for the right hand holster, and wet formed the stock wraps, as well.
This project will get finished this weekend, and be shipped out early next week.
Time spent today: 2 hours.
Total time spent on project, not counting communication or emails: 16 hours
Watch this space Sunday for a wrap-up post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment