***REMINDER: If you are interested in a custom leather project, feel free to contact me at lazyjdleatherworks (at) gmail (dot) com, or reach me by my personal email or cell if you have them!
So this morning, my wife and I spent about an hour converting her old office space to a leatherworking space for me! No more kitchen table or back porch! I have a dedicated space where I can leave out projects that I'm currently working on. The new setup is pretty Boss.
So today, after getting my new space arranged, I basically did three things on the big order I'm working on:
I punched holes with a leather punch
I set eyelets in the stock wraps
And I laid out stitching guides, and used an awl to punch all the stitching holes.
The stitching work was by far the most involved part of this process. I hoped to get to dyeing today, but I just didn't have the time. Maybe tomorrow!
I learned something today: for future projects, I really gotta charge more for bullet loops. They aren't hard, per se, but they are tedious and time consuming. I think about $5 per loop will be my price, going forward.
Time today spent on project: 3 hours.
Total time, minus emails and communication: 7.5 hours
24 minutes ago









1 comment:
Looking good.
Post a Comment