Sunday, August 20, 2017

Leather Order, From Start To Finish, Part 7

***REMINDER: If you are interested in a custom leather project, feel free to contact me at lazyjdleatherworks  (at) gmail  (dot) com, and I will get back with you promptly to discuss your needs.

So I started today by using Edge Kote on the two finished edges of the holsters. That step has to wait until you sew the holsters together and burnish the edges, and let them dry.

Then I took everything apart and started sealing everything with Resoline.


This is an easy process, but time consuming. You have to make sure not to get any bubbles in the finish, or you will see them in the finished product.

After everything was sealed, I let it dry. Once it was dry to the touch, I took them all outside to take a finished photo. 


Now, I'm letting the finish fully cure, and the customer will have his finished product in probably a little over a week, depending on shipping time. It will hit the mail tomorrow, and get to him in probably 6 or 7 days after that.

So that's it! A leather order, from start to finish! It took a bout 2 hours to finish today, for a total work time on the project of about 18 hours. Thanks for following the progress.

3 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Well Done! That's great work. I hope your client is pleased.

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Pawpaw, NFO, thanks! I'm sure it will meet his needs!

Angus McThag said...

I expect to see some pics of my holster in progress, if you're running short of blog content.