It's Memorial day. I thank god every day for the soldiers I've known.
My cousin Matt, who served most of his time in the Marines overseas, fighting in that hellhole of a sandbox.
My friend Joe, who watched as dear friends died and could do nothing about it because of enemy fire.
My friend Caleb. God smiled on him and he has no lasting scars. Or maybe he just hides them better than others....
My brother, Who loaded explosive weapons onto planes.
My Dad. God, the stories that man can tell. He taught me all the important lessons about Honor and Courage. I will always hold him up as the standard by which I measure myself.
Remember the soldiers in your life. Pray for the ones overseas to make it back. Pray for the ones at home too. May they not be haunted by their sacrifice. Show them you love them, and that their sacrifice counts.
23 minutes ago

No comments:
Post a Comment