Saturday, September 11, 2010

Curios

While antiquing a week ago, I came across this coin. It's a Louisiana Luxury Tax Coin, and it dates to about 1930. What was it doing in a coin display rack in an antique store in northeast Florida? Got Me. I did know that for $2.50, it was coming home with me, though.

I went and bought some black cord for a buck, and now the little piece of aluminum is a mighty fine necklace. And conversation piece.

3 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Good find! Have you researched it to see what it's worth?

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Nah, Pop, I haven't... I probably won't, either. I like it as a necklace, so that's all it's worth to me.

Barrett said...

Yeah but even if its worthless the more you know about it, the more interesting it becomes. And who knows it might be worth its weight in aluminum.


Heh heh heh I kill me!