I soaked a bag of Red Beans last night. I put them on at about 9am, and they've been bubbling happily ever since. Threw in some Tony's, 2 mmedium onions, 2 large bell peppers, a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic, and a pound of smoked sausage around 11am. Added a roux about 1pm. It should all boil down to a thick consistancy by 5pm. I'll cook some white rice to serve it over, and maybe a pone of cornbread for a side.
It's been too long since I made a proper pot of Red Beans and rice. I'm looking foreward to it.
24 minutes ago


4 comments:
Great minds think alike. That's what we're having as well. With cornbread and sweet potatoes.
http://www.deltablues.net/cbread.html
I've tried to make beans in the crockpot and they just come out hard. Guess us northern boys don't know beans. Any tips?
Turtle-
A few tips:
First, make sure to soak them overnight.
Second, Cook them in the crock pot, on high, for something like 10 hours.
Third, watch them. too much water, and they'll be soupy. not enough, and they won't cook.
Fourth, make a thick roux. If there is too much water, the roux will thicken it up nicely!
That's all I got, man. It works for me. Of course, I prefer to make them on the stove, but if I'm going to be in and out all day, the crock pot is safer.
Good Luck!
Post a Comment