I spent my time in the carpenter's shop this weekend making this utensil set. It's carved from one block of maple.
I got into the blacksmith's shop for an hour and forged the blade out of mild steel, as it's just a table knife. It's plenty sharp enough to cut a steak, but I didn't worry with using high carbon steel, as it likely won't see HEAVY use.
Nancy, you said if I ever wanted to get rid of some treen wear to let you know. Shoot me an email at j (dot) dezendorf001 (at) gmail (dot) com, and the set is yours. It'll be a week or 2 before I get it in the mail, but I'll shoot you an email and let you know when it goes out.
23 minutes ago


2 comments:
E-mail incoming!!
Now that I'm done squeeing enough to type, let me say that they are gorgeous. Thank you so much!!
Post a Comment