After lunch, we started learning the Spanish loading and firing drill. It's about a 22 step process. So we drilled. And drilled. And drilled. We were doing pretty good after about 3 hours, so we went live.
A crowd of about 100 people gathered a safe distance away to watch us shoot from the fort green over the sea wall. The cloud of smoke rolled out from our guns and hung over the water as we launched 3 other volleys. I would have loved to get a picture of it, but then I wouldn't have been able to shoot, so ya'll will have to make due with some other pictures I snapped throughout the day.
P.S.- you could tell it was a good program, because they alloted an hour to teaching proper cleaning of the weapons.
24 minutes ago




1 comment:
Hi! Found your site via your dad. Of all 18th century musket drills, I love the Spanish one the best. Very flashy.
17th century matchlock manual of arms has over 50 steps.
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-289557.html
Von Steuben was on to something with his drill.
Post a Comment