Monday, May 17, 2010

Pot Roast

I had a busy night tonight, what with getting sworn in at my new range, so this morning, I decided that I wanted to have dinner ready for the wife when she got off from work. About noon, I seasoned a sirloin roast wiith tonys, garlic powder, mrs. Dash, tobasco, and worchestershire. I seared it in a cast iron pan, and used the leavings, along with some oil and flour, to make a roux. I put said roast and roux in a stew pot with chopped potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and garlic. Then I simmered it on a medium-low heat till about 4:30.

I served it with my wife's fresh-baked bread.

Good times!

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Looks good, came over from your Dad's blog so Hi :-)

St. Augustine IS an interesting place! I spent 10 years at NAS Jax, so lots of time in/around St. Augustine!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

NFO- thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy!